Thursday, May 26, 2011

shariyah & ellen


recently my daughter
shariyah had a birthday, and though far from her montana home, living with her kiwi hubby in new zealand, she was being thought of in a most special way by our long time friend in alabama, ellen goode. i received this beautiful card that ellen made, with shariyah's childhood photo on it that she took when we lived in tennessee, and where most of my six daughter's sweetest childhood memories are still. ellen is a master cornhusk dollmaker and taught my girls how to craft cornhusk indian & pioneer girl bookmarks, and for around 20 years they had a very successful home business, 'shuck art'. visit shariyah's beautiful blog: http://www.shariyahgarner.blogspot.com/ where she is having a 50% off sale...and ellen's website of cornhusk doll art: http://home.hiwaay.net/~jegoode/shucks/
(click on photo for a larger view!)
love ya'll!

9 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

A beautiful evocative photo. How wonderful to have lovely memories.

lori said...

that is so beautiful...what a great photo and love the poem she has one it too. your blog looks great!

Tammie Lee said...

this is such a way to honor Shariyah's birthday, her childhood, the wild in her heart and her love for nature!

wendy said...

Beautiful-brings back many memories of photos from those days! Precious ones! Love the poem too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I saw and read that lovely card when I was at your house!It is very sweet. Shariyah's art work and the art of your whole talented family is absolutely precious! I liked Ellen's cornhusk dolls, too. Folky-elegant!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love the camping image and writing!

So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Thornton Berry Shire Press said...

Ahhh....feels good here, I'm just checking in again after a couple of busy weeks...I had no idea it was Shariyah's birthday...it's her turn to write back to me and it's been a couple of weeks, which is kinda odd actually. I'll have to check in again with her and wish her my best..well, sending love your way lovely Abigail from Montana...xoxo juner

Unknown said...

What a beautiful image and so sweet of your friend to make it for you.