Wednesday, June 22, 2011

zionah

it is the 25th birthday of my beautiful daughter zionah! how she has changed from this sweetie by the sheller, when we lived on the cotton plantation in the hills of tennessee. she loved sitting in the early mornings, listening quietly to the mourning doves and whippoorwills, frolicking in the hills and dales with her 5 sisters (she was the 3rd in birth-order), dancing with the fire-flies.

i had wanted to get her a pair of doves as a birthday gift, and yesterday a lady called from a 'potting shed' nursery nearby to ask if i wanted a flock of doves (around 15!), newly hatched baby, and the beautiful handmade cage...for free!! listening to the doves will bring back memories of those precious chapters of our lives...and zionah is so excited as well!!

this photo was taken about 6 months ago, when zionah moved from our home in nw montana, to so. montana, where she now lives and works. this is her wolf-malmute dog 'cheveyah', meaning spririt-warrior.
and here is my spirit-warrior woman-child in a day of play. my heart prayer is that she continue to seek after the Great Spirit Creator God, and know and walk in the miraculous way of the Almighty One, in love & truth...all the days of her life. i love you zionah.

12 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

How beautiful.

Joanne Huffman said...

What lovely photos of your beautiful daughter!

suziqu's thread works said...

Dearest Abigail- What a beautiful tribute to Zionah! I doubt whether one could ask for anything more of anyone let alone your child to continue to seek after the Great Spirit Creator. I hope life is bringing you more wonderful gifts as well as a flock of doves.
I hope for you a blessed and loved life.
Did you receive my email of about a week ago?
Much sisterly love and blessings,
Suzy

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I love the way you write about your beautiful daughters....so much deep, soulful love!
You have some amazing memories, I'd love to hear more about Tennessee.
Is it true you may be this way in the Fall????? Oh be still my heart if it is!
XOXOXO

Luthien Thye said...

what a beautiful post!! the photos of your beautiful daughter and the writing took me to a different place and time ...

Tammie Lee said...

Lovely Zi, fun to see these three beautiful portraits of her! Doves.... 15 doves, will you be the keeper or her? I can feel your love for her in you sweet post for her.

Anonymous said...

thanks mama for your love--It was a beautiful post and I will forever be your morning Dove:)

Christine said...

What a wonderful name and post about your daughter~she seems to have grown more beautiful over the years! Hope you are enjoying your summer:)

Heather said...

Happy birthday to zionah, what a lovely girl! I just love the photos from your girls' childhood, what a magical time it must have been!~

Unknown said...

I love your story of her as a child. The image has a gorgeous vintage quality to it and her expression is precious. Your daughter is beautiful!! You write so eloquently. I love reading your posts.
xo,
Tammy

lori said...

what a great gift for her...one that she will look at daily and remember her childhood and yoru love. i just love your photos of when they were young.

Rahsaan Jackson said...

Hi... My name is Rahsaan. Zioniah is a dear friend. We've lost contact over the last few years and i was wondering if you could tell her to email me at Rawdesigner73@gmail.com .Thank you and god bless~